Thank you for
visiting the Southeastern Credit Union Foundation store promoting Financial
Health in our elementary schools throughout the Southeast. Relationships built
early are more likely to last and to foster members with bright financial
Through the Books Make Cent$ program, we pair money-related books with suggested
activities for optimal student engagement, credit union awareness and of
course, lots of fun! We have even
created a suggested lesson plan for each book to help you get started! (feel
free to adapt the lesson plans to suit your needs)
This program is available year-round for anytime you’d
like to share financial knowledge with your youngest credit union members so
come back often! Order a set of one title at a time or order multiple titles,
it’s up to you.
Here are some great ways to use the books to connect with
kids (both virtually
and in person):
- Keep a supply in your branches and
give one as a special gift for new kid accounts, for birthdays or as a
reward for good grades!
- Schedule a special “story time” online for families
where you read the book and have discussions and then mail a book, along
with the lesson plan to each parent that attends!
- Schedule an online workshop with a homeschool group and
send each participant a book for attending!
- Hold a special family workshop in
your branch or in a local youth agency…libraries love to schedule the
workshops too and the book is a great gift for the kids to take home!
- Order a supply for a classroom in
the schools that you work with. What a great gift for each child to be
able to take one home and share with their families!
- Order a supply for a Title 1
school in your area. You can impact the children with the greatest need
and the least ability to have that need met!
Each book contains a special bound
page, right behind the front cover, explaining the credit union difference, the
importance of having a savings account and a link to find their local credit
- The books will be shipped to you so that you can
make the presentation of the books to the school. Or you can elect to have
the books shipped directly to the school during the checkout portion of
- 50 books is our minimum per order. You will invoiced
so there's time to claim your tax exempt status with our supplier.
- One more option for your Credit Union. The books come with the logo of the Foundation
on the front. Or you can have your Credit Union's logo on the
front for just the set-up fee of $50.00.
- All orders will ship using Geiger's UPS discount
with Carbon Offsets purchased for each shipment.
- Please join us in giving the gift of Financial
Health to kids! Place your order and check back regularly for new books!
- Geiger and the Swag Krewe are proud to announce that
a portion of every sale will be donated back to the Southeastern Credit
Union Foundation to support the Credit Union mission of financial
education. Books really do make CENT$!